luca

luca

16 July, 2007

LA MIA FAMIGLIA

Well thanks to my west coast cousins I have decided to get on the blog wagon and see if I have anything interesting to offer to the world. For those of you that know me or my family odds are the answer is "yes".



I come from one of the smallest italian families in the New York area and by small I mean quantity not over all size. The only thing small about us is the amount of left overs we have after dinner. It all started when my great grandparents came to America through Ellis Island from Italy. My Grandparents were raised in Brooklyn and New Jersey and my mother was raised in the Bronx and Westchester. I was raised in River Edge, New Jersey no more than a mile away from my mom's twin sister MJ, my uncle Davey and my cousins Jeannine & Jennifer.


My Grandparents, Nonna & Boppy, lived in Scarsdale, NY in the little red house on the corner. They built 27 Winding Lane a long time ago so they could raise the twins & Thomas there. Boppy retired from the New York police force in the mid 70's as Inspector Detective of homicide NYPD. He worked all over the city and was always getting called in. Poor Nonna always got stood up because someone would get whacked downtown.

So my mother and Aunt grew up in the "burbs" surrounded by fellow gombas with last name like Pappalardo,Tortelanni and other fun pasta shapes. Nonna was always cooking or baking so friends were always hanging out at the little red house.


My house in River Edge was very similar when I was growing up. My friends were always over
but not because my mother was always cooking or baking but because she was always out drinking and partying! Ah, those were the days...

Now, since most of my friends are all married with kids I still party some but it's usually with Karen, Mary Jean & David.


So here is my blog which will be full of amusing adventures of the Russo/Kerr Clan!

Enjoy!










No comments: