luca

luca

25 July, 2007

MY DOG FIX!

As some of you know I am an animal lover, especially dogs! Ever since my boy Sysco died over a year ago I've been dying for some puppy love. So, I decided to study to be a dog trainer for kicks. I trained with Dory & Toni at American Canine Academy for several weeks and got to play with all different types of dogs and puppies. Now I am in the last part of my training which is volunteer work at a shelter. So, once or twice a week I go over to Bide-A-Wee shelter on the east side and walk dogs after work. We do some basic obedience but mostly I just hug em' and kiss 'em and name them George... They are all such good dogs they just had bad owners. It is sad to see them in their cages but Bide-A-Wee is a no kill shelter so you know there is hope for them all.

http://www.bideawee.org/search.asp

No comments: