luca

luca

28 August, 2007

COUNTRY GIRL IN THE BIG CITY



Some of you might not know this but this punk rocker is a country girl at heart. For Mary Jean & Karen's birthday I got us all tickets, including David, to see the First Lady of Country Music Miss Loretta Lynn. I didn't really know or care if they liked her but I wanted to see her again and since MJ has made me sit through some pretty bad plays and shows (Dracula, the musical) I figured it was time for some pay back.


She played at the Count Basie Theatre in Red Bank, NJ. We had a lovely dinner with "Uncle" Ed, thank you Ed, and then it was off to the big show. I think the median age at the show was about 74 years old so I was smoking hot! Loretta came out in one of her classic big ass Loretta red dresses sang a few songs and then sat down? I guess after 45 years in show business she's getting tired. She can still sing though, that's for sure. Her daughters, Patsy & Peggy were there and sang a few song as well as her grand daughter Tayla who was shaking it up a little too much in front of Grandma. All in all it was a great show and we had a great time...all of us!



No comments: