luca

luca

27 December, 2007

MERRY CHRISTMAS...A LITTLE LATE

We had another fantastic Christmas as I hope you all did. It started Christmas Eve at Jen and Kevin's house. We had the traditional Italian seven fish dishes and then some. It started off with fried Calamari, sauteed mussels with fennel and spicy crab dip plus other assorted appetizers. Then we moved on to the main course which consisted of Kevin's salt crusted whole red snapper, fettuccine with scallops & shrimp in bechamel sauce, linguine fra diavlo with lobster, baccala, stuffed Italian peppers and broccoli rabe. I think I may have missed something? What a feast, Nonna would have been proud. It's funny how it takes about three of us to make one meal that only took one of her. I don't know how she did it but I'm glad she did.

But wait...there's more!
For dessert Jen ordered a Buche De Noel all the way from Italia, it was delicious, along with some Christmas cookies and we finally called it a night.

Then we started it all over again the next day!

I will post pictures later as well as continue the Christmas story.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm Dreaming of Christmas with Aimee
Unlike the ones I've always known
Where the food's abundant
The drinks incumbent
To see MJ all aglow
Oh
I'm dreaming of a Christmas with Aimee
With every dry turkey breast I eat.
May your meals be merry and grand and may you never reduce yourself to ham!

Love you!

Phyl