luca

luca

08 January, 2008

The worst day of my life...



It's hard to believe that it was eight years ago that Boppy died. I will never forget that day, that moment when I got the call. I had just gotten back from the dog park with Sysco and Conbec when Jen called. I remember making small talk and then she said it "Boppy died". The pain was like no other I have ever felt but unfortunately since then have felt a few more times. It was the first real loss in my life. Up until then I didn't really know the devastation that went along with losing a loved one.

I was all alone in Seattle, just me and the dogs. I know I screamed a lot, cried a lot and broke my roommates lamp. Once I could compose myself I immediately went to the store for beer and cigarettes. Then I went home and drank and smoked until my plane left the next morning. It was a very long flight but I just buried my head in my slightly used airplane pillow and blanket and was asleep before we even took off.

I think I flew into JFK where Jeannine and Gavin were summoned to pick me up. I was outside smoking of course when they pulled up. I remember Jeannine and I just hugging and crying quietly outside of the airport.

I cried everyday after that for a long time. Some days, like yesterday, I still cry.

For those of you that were blessed to have known Albert you understand. He was larger than life, a real gentlemen, a jokester. No one that ever interacted with him was not effected in some way. He had a way about him that put you at ease, made you laugh and definitely left you smiling.

I am extremely proud to have called him my Grand father.

Love you Bop
xo
Aimsey Magoo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He was a marvelous man, husband, father, cop and friend to those who were privileged to know him.

Anonymous said...

finally we hear YOUR side ! I worried so much what you must have gone through all alone ! we were at least all together on the East Coast- there is no real strength in circumstances like these but Family does help-and being so close as we are, it does help-
as "anonymous" said, he was a marvelous man but there will be no other phenomenal Father or Grandfather again- believe me!
Bless you Aimee ! and everyone should know I took that picture of Boppy with my celphone calling you in Seattle to wish you a Happy New Year- and to see that smile on Boppy's face talking to you- that was the last time you talked to him-wasn't that wonderful for that opportunity! XOXOXOXOx