luca

luca

19 May, 2009

LET'S GO METS?


When it comes to baseball in our family we are pretty divided between the Yankees and Mets. David and the Fraser family are Mets fans. Karen, me, Thomas and Lynn and the Cavanaugh's are Yankee fans.

MJ got David and Gavin a brick with their names on it that is proudly displayed at the new Citi Field. Not only a great gift but it really gives Citi Field a great look unlike the new Yankee stadium.

Karen and I finally went to a game last Sunday to check out the new home of the Yanks. Although it is an amazing field, the seats are great and the old time facade really looks great the interior of the stadium doesn't, lets say, do it for me. They could of taken some pointers from the Mets and made it a little warmer place to be.

When they were building the new stadium the only thought that came to my mind was mausoleum. I wasn't around really to remember the original stadium before the renovations and I know that was what they were going for but how much gray cement can you look at?

I haven't been out to Citi Field yet either so this post is a little hasty...we'll see Mets, we'll see!

No comments: