luca

luca

21 May, 2009

ROAD TRIP '09

It's that time of year again, Mikey and I are going on a road trip for two weeks. I am flying into Denver where he will pick me up for the first leg of our trip.

Mike and I were roommates in Seattle a long time ago and he is my designated road trip companion. Our last trip was to Tennessee where we went to Nashville, the Jack Daniels distillery, Dollywood and the Dixie Stampede in Pigeon Forge. I only wish there was a picture of our faces when we rolled into Pigeon Forge, TN. Words cannot explain this small piece of America, I can only suggest you experience it on your own.

So this trip will start in Denver then we will roll on through Utah to Tahoe, then to Napa, up the coast to Seattle and then back down to Denver and where ever else the road takes us in between. I know it sounds like a lot of driving and it is but I love a road trip. I have Yes and No books, Mad Libs, Sudoku, XM radio and a couple Ipods. Mike already took my order of Diet Raspberry Snapple, Diet Coke, pretzels and Sunchips so we are set. We've got a half a tank of gas and a full pack of smokes, we're on a mission from god.

I know what most of you are thinking...two weeks away from her honey, what will she do? And I am referring to Steven, not Dough Boy although I will miss that little smelly dog too. Thank god my auntie MJ got me a really great new phone so I will be able to keep in touch with the boy through out the trip. Poor Mikey will have to put up with me being all ga ga. I love you. No, I love you more...you hang up. no you hang up first blah blah blah...just kidding. I think the conversations home will be more like this. Did the Yankees win and what did Swisher do? Has the dog peed in the house? Hey, he hung up on me, that bastard!

So I am off for now and will try and post along our journey. If you call my house and a guy answers it's Petey C. He is minding the fish for me while I'm gone.

See ya- Aim

No comments: