luca

luca

30 July, 2009

Lunch with the Guys?

So, I was on my way back to the house in Somerville and I decided to stop for some lunch. I had spent the night before drinking with the girls for one last night of debauchery at my apartment. I had also spent the morning packing and my car was full of boxes so needless to say I wasn't looking my best. I pulled into the parking lot and I told Dough Boy to be good while I ran in for a sandwich.

As I head inside I notice three women entering through the front door as I go in the side one and we meet in the middle at the counter. In a drunken packing haze I was gazing at the menu motionless just trying to string letters together to figure out what I was going to order when I hear someone next to me say " Are you ready?". I turn to see a very tall woman next to me and "say no, you go ahead". As I stood there reading the menu over and over I started to notice that there was something off about the three women next to me on line.

Those two sure are tall and they have no hips...those are some big feet and hands too. The shorter one sure has some broad shoulders and big arms...hey, wait a minute...those aren't women!

I start to realize that not only are these three post op transgender men/women but that I am standing right in the middle of them looking like I in fact have had the operation too! Pony tail, Yankee t-shirt, sneakers, deep voice! I slowly start to slide over to distance myself from the pack when I notice the one thing that separates me from them. A manicure! Thank god I'm not that girlie after all!

No comments: