luca

luca

03 August, 2008

Rain, Rain go away?

As most of you know I have lived in the tri-state area for about 33 of my 37 years but I am still in awe when we get a summer storm. I know what you're thinking "Didn't she live in Seattle"? Yes, I did and it did rain there a lot but nothing like here. In the 4 years I was there I saw lightning twice and heard thunder once and our power never went out. Now I do nothing but walk around my house resetting my clocks that are blinking 12:00. Nothing beats an east coast storm. The lightning show with the thunder soundtrack are awesome. Cracks and pops, long low rumbles that shake you with in. It comes on fast darkening the skies, dumping buckets of water and then it's gone just as fast as it came.
From what I could quickly find on line we have had 29.7 inches so far this year and with in the last year we have had a total of 49.5 inches. Holy crap, that's a lot of water. For those of you that miss it or don't know what I'm talking about here is just a clip from a day of summers in NJ.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

better than a drought- better than the fires they are having in Ca. ! but I have to admit the storms have been something else with the lightening and thunder ! awesome?