luca

luca

01 April, 2012

37 Weeks and counting!

We are getting close and I have zero done. For those that don't know the house we live in is technically owned by Steven's brother who lives in Georgia. Steven and him bought it together about 5 years ago but for some reason only Michael's name is on the mortgage. Michael fell in love and moved to Georgia and basically walked away from his house here and hasn't put a dime into it since. The mortgage on this house with the taxes is insanely high and Steven can't pay it anymore. They put the house on the market months ago but of course it is not selling because it needs so much work so inevitably it will go into foreclosure soon.
Now my take of course is then we are squatting until the bank kicks us out but Steven's take is lets move as soon as possible. I guess he doesn't want to take advantage of his brother's misfortune and totally destroy what is left of their relationship. Again, I think you all know what my answer to that is but I have been doing my best to keep out of it since this is between them and not me.
I am hoping Steven cools down and we don't actually move anytime soon. Hello? we are going to have a baby any day now and moving is the last thing I want to do.
So needless to say all the baby stuff is still in boxes and bags from the shower and I guess I'll just pilfer what I need as I need it. I barely registered for anything but of course we got so much stuff cause that's what you need when you have a kid I guess. I was planning on just emptying one of my draws and sticking the kid in there like the good ole days but I guess that is frowned upon these days. Hee hee! We have the cradle set up and a changing table so for now we will have to make do and see what happens.

1 comment:

J Yo said...

Pull out some onesies, burp cloths, and swaddle blankets and you should be fine! We were in the process of moving when I had Hailey and while it was a bit challenging, we survived...we actually moved into our new house before it had a functioning kitchen and I washed dishes in the bathroom sink for what seemed like a year but was probably more like a few days. ;) Can't wait to hear news about the baby!! Take it easy until then and sleep as much as you can!! ;)