luca

luca

09 May, 2012

2 Weeks

The little man is two weeks old today and I still can't believe I'm a mom and Steven is a dad.  Time is going by pretty fast especially since all you do is sleep, eat, and change diapers although I definitely could use a lot more sleep.  I have to get use to sleeping when he is especially like right now but thought I would just check in real quick.  
The little man is doing great except he still doesn't want to latch on to the boob. Once in a blue moon he'll get it right but we'll just keep working on it.  He also does not like to burp then as soon as you put him down he pukes up. Work with me will ya! I was trying to give him a little sponge bath today and I guess he decided I wasn't doing it right and puked all over himself. I can't wait for his stump to fall off so he can get a proper bath and not smell like a homeless man anymore.  OK, I need to nap now. Sleep while you can! I gotta get use to that. 


2 comments:

J Yo said...

Firstly, he is seriously so cute. Oh my word.

Second, I had the SAME issues with Hails when she was little with the latching and spit ups. This may be "TMI" for the internet (then again you did write about the doctor's instructions for your vagina on facebook, so...), but you might try pumping for a minute right before you feed him. I won't go into detail, but it makes latching easier. ;)

christy said...

Sleep? What's that? ;)
Hope things smooth out quickly. He sure is cute!