luca

luca

12 May, 2012

How Lucky Am I ?


Just hanging out with the family on this beautiful Saturday afternoon. Dogs and daddy are sleeping while mommy and Luca watch the Yankees play the Mariners.  I'm filling Luca in on how much mommy wanted to take out the Mariner Moose when she lived in Seattle.  
So I have officially been a mom now for 18 days but it seems like forever but in a good way. I didn't think it would come so easily to be honest with you but I am very lucky because he is a very easy baby, at least so far. I hope I don't jinx it! Like now, he is in his Mamaroo but still fussing. Come on kid, go to sleep will ya! Ah the Mamaroo won and he's out! 
Tomorrow is my first mother's day and I will get to spend it with the family at MJ and David's. Unfortunately daddy will have to work Sunday night so we are going to have our mother's day celebration tonight with some Grub Hut take out and Netflix! Couldn't ask for anything more then staying home and enjoying my new family. It may have taken me a bit longer than everyone else to get that family but it was definitely worth the wait. I couldn't ask for anything more. 
Boy motherhood has sure made me soft! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Motherhood has a way of doing that...making you soft:) You sound so content. No greater joy!

Unknown said...

You know, you're not dead yet. You can still take out the stupid moose. Maybe it can be a mother and son maneuver. I can't think of a better way to bond...