luca

luca

08 February, 2008

My Friend Slim

I miss my friend.
I haven't seen her in two years and ten probably before that but I miss her. We were friends growing up, the important years, the ones that count, the ones where every experience is new, where choices you made then mold you into the person you are today, bonds between friends that never waver no matter how much time goes by. These are the people I truly call my friends. The laughs we shared are endless, the stories we tell are legendary the love we shared is forever. Time goes by, months, years, decades but I still miss my friend.

Thanks for all the great memories Slim, we will all miss you.

Your friend,
Lamiee



Lauren Proietto
1971-2008

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow ! a most wonderful tribute to our Dear Friend, Lauren-she loved you just as much, Aimee !

Anonymous said...

Aimee your tribute brought tears to my eyes. You said what all of us are thinking. She will be greatly missed.

Anonymous said...

Hi Aimee. Long time... I was thinking about Slim today and googled her name... found your blog. Thank you. Lauren is missed by all of us. Although physically she is gone she will forever be in our hearts and the memories of her will live on. There is not a day she is not on my mind.
Christine (Gale)

Anonymous said...

Oh, I forgot. That is a great shot of Slim in the tub! lol...

PASTIECHEF said...

Good to hear from you Christine. The crazy thing about that baby picture was I knew I had it but wasn't sure where. I have about 12boxes of old pictures in my closet and that was the first picture I pulled out. It's those little things that keep you going.

Aim

Anonymous said...

she called me the day of her passing. she sounded happier then she had a couple of weeks before she made plans to bring her family's computers over the next week end for tune ups SHE WAS AN HONEST GOOD PERSON One of the few people who i can say is a REAL friend I MISS HER

Anonymous said...

Wasn't she married at the time of her passing? I believe I am friends with someone who is currently involved with her then husband. Just curious. Have heard stories. =\

Unknown said...

I miss her too! Thanks again for holding my hand. Everytime I listen to my Journey CD I picture her next to me jammin out. One hell of a year. "Stand up like you've never stood, Get out there and play the game,Even if you don't succeed, Your memories will remain" Lou E Ferraro

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

This is the sweetest thing...i miss my auntie lauren not a day goes by that i dont think of her..i miss our time together when i was little she would pretent to call Santa if i only knew then lol...i love u & will see u on the other side