luca

luca

19 March, 2008

Old Friends

With MJ and Davey away again, I decided to take advantage of the open house and have some friends over. It was the usual crowd Bean, Krack, Ifer and families but there were some "new" old friends that joined us as well.


Back in elementary school when my mother made me go to St. Peters like a good catholic we had to attend CCD classes after school once a week. What CCD stands for is beyond me, I never paid attention. Maybe that's why they threw me out before I got confirmed? Anyway, I would walk to CCD with two friends Danielle and Michelle. We would always stop by Danielle's house for some cookies and juice on our way.

Later in Jr/Sr High School we use to hang out with Mike Frins, a skate board punk that was friends with Topher. He enjoyed many of drunken nights in the garage and the basement with the rest of us punks. After graduation we lost touch like so many friends do until we met up again at Slim's wake. Danielle and Mike started dating after high school, later got married and now have two beautiful children. I'm very glad we reconnected and look forward to many more good times together.


Ange who? Andrew Garaffa was a Paramus Park friend. Back in the day we ruled the Paramus Mall. I worked at ACA Joe, Bean worked at Whicks-n-sticks and Topher worked at the 1 Hour Photo. We had connections all over the place we were like the Soprano's of Paramus, well maybe not so much. Ange and Joe Zachy were friends and we all worked at ACA Joe together along with another friend Sophie. No wonder ACA went bankrupt, we stole everything! Ange and Joe became quick friends with our group and we have the stories to prove it.
Pepsi has to be down!
1,2 phi pelicans
My name is Arthur...


Ingy D, what can I say. Another run in at Slim's wake that I am very glad is back in our lives. She went to grade school with the Roosevelt crew, which is pretty much everyone else but me. Later on she moved a few towns over but thanks to Slim she still would come on over to R.E. for some fun. Like the time we stole the Buick Century before we had a drivers license to go to a party,sorry Karen.


Even Dan Keck took that long ride over the GW for this get together and was one of the last to leave. Squid man! Dan was one of my first boyfriends back in Jr High after he dated Slim and before he dated Krack...who else did you date Dan? Love ya


Where is this all going? It was long over due, almost 20 years for some but thanks to Slim we were together again I'm just sorry we didn't do it sooner so she could have joined us.




4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
PASTIECHEF said...

I got some crazy comment that was corrupt / spyware crap so I had to change the comment settings...sorry

PASTIECHEF said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

hey! what were those comments you deleted, dammit !!!! well, I am glad you all had a fabulous time- maybe MJ and Davey can join in the fun next time?? why always when we are gone????????