luca

luca

04 August, 2009

DEPECHE MODE


Last night the gals and I went to MSG to see Depeche Mode. I met up with Bean after work and we went over to Jack Dempsey's on 33rd to meet up with Joe K a former co-worker of Eileen's. We were walking down 33rd heading for the big neon sign that says "JACK DEMPSEY'S" and we went inside and bellied up to the bar. After about 10 minutes or so we went out side for a smoke. While we were out there shortening our life spans who walks up but Joe K. Apparently we were in the wrong bar and he was a few doors down at the right one, the one with the big red neon sign. We were so busy chatting that we just went into the first bar we came across not even realizing it wasn't the right one.
Next, Ifer, Krack and Kim joined up with us and soon there after Gina as well. Who is this Gina you ask? Letting someone new into the circle of drunks? She is a very good friend of Steven's and she's just like us. Not too girlie, gives it to ya straight and has our sense of humor.
The show was pretty good considering I haven't played a Depeche CD in 20 years. The music would start and we would all kind of wait to see if we knew it or not...ahhh yeah, I know this one. Dance around, dance around...or ahhh, nope no idea. I'm sitting down.
Gina and Jeff, Gina's hubby, graciously offered me a ride home to Somerville which is only about a half an hour out of their way. I bet they wish they had never offered. Half way through the ride I ask "how much further"? Jeff replies "about 20 minutes". "Ah, no. I'm not gonna make that. Pull over!!". Puke puke puke...back in the car. All I remember was sitting in the front seat one hand clenched to my can of diet coke and the other to a plastic bag shaking my head in disbelief. Not again! I remember Jeff saying "maybe we should call Steve and warn him that we're coming in hot". That was too fucking funny! I guess I will never learn when it comes to drinking too much huh or maybe it was Jeff's driving?
I stumbled into the house where boy was standing in his boxers already to pick on the drunk girl. God love him.
Until next time...U2 is right around the corner in September.

No comments: