luca

luca

07 December, 2009

WALKING IN NYC 101

For those of you that are not from this area let me give you a few tips for walking in New York City or anywhere. Walking in the city should be approached just like driving. Would you just stop in the middle of the highway during rush hour? I think not. I walk from 7th ave to Park cross town from the train to work and back again at 5. Once I enter the sidewalk I might as well be in a car. I scan ahead to plan out my route and adjust my speed accordingly. I really wish they had a slow lane on the sidewalk. I bob and weave like I am a Nascar driver heading for the finish line. A little bump here I pull out speed up and pass the tourist before the delivery guy coming the other way with his trolley runs me over. Even if I have time I walk this way. I can't walk slow, it's impossible. Also remember to check your blind spot before you cut across the sidewalk and for gods sake please do not do the lolly gag and weave. I will run you down!

No comments: