luca

luca

31 March, 2009

The Iron Who?

The Ironmen is New Jersey's indoor soccer team that play in Newark. Why do I know this? Because Steven's dad knows the owner and gets free tickets to the games which him and his friends go to. Last friday night I went to my first game with the gang. This is by far the most time I have ever spent in Newark outside of the airport and I have to say I had a great time.
I took the train in from the city and met Steven, Gina and Jeff at his friend's restaurant just down the street from the station. I got there first so I let Charlie buy me a beer while I waited. Charlie is the guy who just happen to sit next to me at the bar and personally I think he was just hedging his bets by buying me a drink. I believe it went something like this. "Buy those two beautiful girls at the end of the bar a drink on me" he looks at me, gives me the once over and then says "buy this lady one too" with a what the hell look on his face. Hey if you're buying I'm drinking.
So I eagerly awaited my boys arrival while listening to Charlie tell me about how he steals everything from the hotel he works at while he passes out big white hotel towels to the bartenders. Hey, where's my towel Charlie? I could use one to wipe the spit off of my arm from listening to you talk, gee thanks.
Anyway, after some dinner off we went to the game. The Ironmen lost and I paid $10 for a bad beer but all in all another fun night.
The Ironmen mascot and who is that on the left?
Well I think it's Cruella Deville!
Run dog run!


Gina, Jeff and me?


1 comment:

MJ said...

I DIDN'T KNOW THIS!! I have to read it in a "blog " to find out? and how cute is Gina?? gotta; meet her! and you sure do know how to "yarn" a tale, Kid !